Dear BCIS member,
We enthusiastically encourage applications for the following the BCIS Research Awards 2020.
Young Investigator Award
Criteria – The researcher should be a fellow in training or if post-CCT, not yet in a substantive Consultant post. The researcher should have made an important contribution to the work.
Research – The research should be current as reflected by being published in 2020 or not yet accepted for publication. The research may be basic or clinical and should be relevant to interventional cardiology
BCIS Research of the Year
Any research publication during 2020
The submissions will be marked by the BCIS Research Group. Shortlisted candidates and judges will be invited to a recording session which will be available in the parallel track at ACI (also available on the website).
Instructions for applications:
In both categories submissions should fit the following criteria:
- statement of type of award applied for at the top, in bold (YIA or BCIS Research)
- name of applicant first and in bold, followed by list of co-authors where appropriate
- all original research, basic or clinical
- maximum text of 500 words
- plus up to 1 table and 1 figure
- headings: Background; Method; Results; Conclusion
All research should be submitted through the link at the bottom of the page by midnight on 9/12/2020.
I will be pleased to answer any queries about either award via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prof Colin Berry
Lead, BCIS R&D Committee