BCIS Best Trainee Case 2024
28th September 2023
To all PCI trainees…
We are inviting you to submit your most instructive and interesting case, in open competition, for an opportunity to present at this high-profile forum to the British Interventional Community. The top eight selected cases will each present at an angio review session at ACI 2024 with the top three cases presenting in the main auditorium. All case presentations will subsequently be available on the BCIS website to view on demand.
- PowerPoint (or equivalent) with a maximum of 13 slides including the title slide.
- All patient data must be anonymised, and the responsible consultant must be aware of the submission.
- The doctor submitting must have been personally involved in the case and have had a significant, though not necessarily sole, first operator role. This role must be identified at the time of submission.
- A slide on the trainee’s view of the principal learning from the case should be included.
- Judging of shortlisted candidates will prioritise the trainee’s understanding of the intervention, their ability to field questions independently, consider alternative approaches and their presenting ability.
- AVI’s should be embedded into the presentation.
- Only one case to be submitted per applicant.
- Applicants must clearly outline their own involvement in the case within the presentation.
- The judge’s decision is final.
Any submission(s) not adhering to the above will be disqualified and not submitted to judging
Cases should be uploaded using the form below by closing date of 5 pm on Friday, 17 November.
Submissions will only be accepted via the upload process